Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
JWC Oktoberfest Chili Cook-Off "The One With The Beer Stein Hoist Competition"
You will be asked to enter the names of your Chili Chef Team Members when you register. If you are just attending the event, you do not need to respond to this question during registration.
Sunday, October 7, 2018, 2:00 PM until 5:00 PM
Wild Acre Brewery
1734 E El Paso St #190
Fort Worth, TX 76102
JWC Civic Outreach
Chili Chef Rules 2018
1. CHILI COOKED - All chili must be cooked from scratch.
a. CHILI COOKED FROM SCRATCH - "Scratch" is defined as starting with raw meat. No marinating is allowed. Commercial chili powder is permissible, but complete commercial chili mixes ("just add meat" mixes that contain premeasured spices) are NOT permitted.
b. NO FILLERS IN CHILI - Macaroni, rice or other similar ingredients are not permitted. Beans are allowed.
c. SANITATION - Cooks are to prepare and cook chili in as sanitary a manner as possible.
2. COOKS MAY HAVE TO TASTE THEIR CHILI - At the discretion of the judges, chili cooks may be required to remove the lids from their chili crackpots and taste their chili before turning in for judging. If a team refuses, their chili will be disqualified.
3. ONE CHILI RECIPE PER TEAM - Each team is responsible for preparing one pot of chili (Crockpot) that they intend to be judged and for turning in one judging cup from that pot. No more than one judging sample can be taken from any one pot.
4. ALL SCORES SUBMITTED BY JUDGES ARE FINAL AND CONFIDENTIAL - No appeals may be made after final scores have been announced. In the event of a tie, a final blind taste test will take place with an alternate judge, who will be determined prior to the event.
Each Team Should Bring the Following Items:
1. At least one pot full of chili
2. List of ingredients in their chili
3. Tablecloth, costumes/decorations in the Oktoberfest theme are highly encouraged!
4. Tailgate Tent (for shade outside)
5. Extension Cord
6. Duct Tape
7. Power Strip
8. Optional: Toppings on the side (shredded cheese, onions, sour cream, crackers, cornbread, etc.)